1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice melt products

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by idratherbefishi, Nov 27, 2009.

1. idratherbefishi

idratherbefishi Junior Member
    from 20906

I am looking into buying my first load of ice melting product for the upcoming snow season. I am interested in three right now. I live in the Mid Atlantic about 20 minutes north of the Capital beltway. Silver Spring MD. 1st of course is rock salt. The two I am having a hard time figuring on what to get is "Clear Path" and "Quad Release". At this point each of them will cost the same so money is out of the equation. Can anyone let me know what is better for concrete and the environment? Of course it looks like "Mag" is much better then either these in melting ice down to 5 degrees but it cost much more.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I use quad release on all of my concrete applications. I can't tell you which is better, but the quad is what is available here. I have no problems with it at all.
  3. Tony717

Tony717 Junior Member

Consider checking out Midwest Ind's stuff. They aren't too expensive, what I'm referring to is the environmentally friendly, sodium-acetate stuff. Check it out. Good luck hunting bud.