1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice managment options?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dakotaplowboy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

The accounts are coming in. Things are looking pretty good here. Looking forward to some snow. I have five guys (Employee's) , 2 snowblowers, shovels, and a plow ready and waiting! I have signed one large commercial lot. They want a 1/2" trigger on sidewalks and stoops, and there are a lot of them. This complex is a couple of blocks of buildings. These people want the sidewalks and steps cleared three times a day. Before 7am Before noon, and before 5pm. With the stringent demands the price was elevated payup . Signed them on and bought a new snowblower:bluebounc . Besides that account, I have signed on 4 other lots :rolleyes: . The phone is still ringing.
    Couple of questions?:help:
    What options do I have for Ice managment other than salt, and Sand? Salt is tough on concrete I know. Sand, Where do I go to get it. Unless I sign on some good contracts for Ice Managment I plan on applying Salt, Sand, etc with a Broadcaster. What are my options?
    Thanks much
  2. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Sand is tuff to apply with a broadcast spreader as it will tend to clog up alot if there is any moisture in it at all. Salt is what I put down, I usually buy rock salt by the pallet, and use it through-out the year...Give me a call sometime and we can talk about plowing payup
  3. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

Hey Nick. I can't call you without a number. E-mail me. I sent you a couple. I will send another. WE NEED TO TALK!
  4. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

What can I use for ice managment that is not so hard on Concrete? What will I need to Apply it? What are the costs? Thanks