1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Management material markup rate

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

What do you guys markup your materials for product only? (excluding application a I will be figuring that cost separately) By customer type?

I've heard of 10% to 300%. Is there a typical industry markup? What customer type do you cater to? maybe those who cater to large customers get away with a bigger margin? or maybe its smaller?

Rock salt?
    Sand/salt?
    Salt brine?
    CaCl liquid?

thx

2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

there is a number we like to use and has been successful for us ( .67 ) its not my exact numeral , thats a trade secret .

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I don't mark up my materials.I'm not a retailer selling materials I'm providing a service. The materials are just a small part of the equation.

4. Gr8WhiteNorth

If I'm going to spend money on yard space, equipment, and man power, I'm gonna make it worth my while. This product isn't available anywhere close by, so it's not as easy as just filling up at a supplier's yard for me.

Our landscape construction operations have created admin roles this product will help pay for in our off-season

5. Gr8WhiteNorth

City tow, do you charge that number as an applied rate? Or is application separate?

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Doh k!........

7. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

application sold seperately .

.65 x per tonnage used.