1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice ice baby

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Omaha Plowboy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

We're expecting freezing rain turning to ice Friday night / Saturday morning. Our spreader truck is almost ready, just need too slap a new master cylinder and break booster on it. I get too teach the boss's 19 y/o son how too run it. He's a good kid, just needs some motivation. Can't sleep till noon then go out like he wanted to do with the lawn care. I'll have him out there spreading salt before the storm hits. News said it'll start around 3 am and end around noon. I want too start salting around 3 am while all the lots are clear. We're only talking 14 accounts or so. Just alot of drive time. The accounts are spread all over town. Nothing too it, salt some lots and throw ice melt on the walks.
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i hear ya.....waiting to get our "new" truck done too. we spread some last wednesday after the snow finally froze. some contractors were out spreading saturday too after that snow, but all our lots were too hot from wednesdays salt. good luck to ya!
  3. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

Tonight's news said it should start around 5 am. I plan on starting the route around 3 am so I can be done salting and home before it hits. I want too grab a few hours of sleep in case the news is wrong and we do get snow as well as freezing rain. Want too be rested if I'm going too plow.