1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Control question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by turfcarelawns, Dec 27, 2010.

1. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

I have been in snow and ice control for the past 3 years. I typically charge per ton for ice control products. This year upcoming I thought about adding ice control pricing to my year round bids for my prospective clients. Is this possible or is that something that could bite me in the rear down the road? I have been thinking about adding it for a while but just have not figured the best way to do it due unpredictable conditions. Does anyone charge a per year set price for ice control? Thanks

2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

you could always just put a ton limit on it. Say if you have a 1 acre account. So you would put down around 750lbs for that site. You get 20 salt runs a year thats 15,000lbs (7.5t) of salt. Well then Id say we will cover up to 22000 (11t) of salt for the year. That allows for a little bit of extra salt to be spread on colder days or spot visits. After 11t of salt, its a per ton charge. Then you could also put a lower limit on it saying, if we use less than 2.5 ton all year we'll refund you 40% and less than 5 ton well refund you 20% after 5 ton its non refundable or something like that.