1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice control in a NO SALT/SAND AREA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by forestfireguy, Nov 4, 2006.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone have any ideas? We are bidding a large retail lot that sits on an aquifer. No salt or sand may be used. So far we have found only NAC 3000 , and have no expierience with it at all. Thoughts?

2. draffinc

draffinc Member

we use magic treated salt on a location that is environmentally restricted in white house NJ. Its the only product they will allow to be used. may be an option for you.:angel:

3. forestfireguy

We use and deal magic salt. And as good as it is we were told specifically by the property mgr. that no salt meant no salt, no matter what it might be treated with. I have yet to see the cost of nc 3000 but it might be my only option. Thanks for the reply though.

4. draffinc

draffinc Member

you said you deal magic also? where are you located? thought there were only three dealers in the state and i knew them??

5. forestfireguy

As I have come to find out in the last couple hours we are no longer an official dealer, but we do have magic in stock for sale. We are in Vernon.

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member