1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice chaser

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by grasscutter07, Jan 30, 2015.

1. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I have a 1.8 yard I am in search of a picture of the back of the spreader where the salt drops onto the spinner. I think dealer put the end pieces on backwards, I am just trying to figure out if I'm right
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

3. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

Is there a piece of metal that covers the conveyor from the sill plates to the plates by the feed gate? There is about 3" at the end of the conveyor where it is dropping salt off the sides so it's leaving a little extra salt in the middle of the spread pattern
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Is your spinner turning the right way? They are 2 way directional motors that can be wired to run either way just by changing polarity. not always obvious unless you are looking for it.
  5. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

Yeah the motor is hooked up right. It just is falling off the conveyor the last 3" before it drops onto the spinner