1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice chaser not working

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by grasscutter07, Nov 15, 2014.

1. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

Chain, wiring, control module, controller everything new last year except motor. Ran flawlessly last season. Sold truck and was installing in new truck today and spinner will spin without controller on and auger won't spin. Auger is free moving so is motor. Check diagram everything looks good. But I can't track down what is going on. With 3-6" on the way tomorrow night I need to figure it out. Any suggestions, help, wisdom is greatly appreciated.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Controller???

3. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

In cab controller.

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Seems as though you changed some wiring at the module or the module took a dump. Only way spinner should have power is when module tells it to. Sure seems like it has direct power.

5. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

What would cause module to go bad? It is practically brand new, put it on in late January. I'm lost on trying to figure this thing out

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

Double check everything that changed.
    Are your power and ground good and clean and at the battery?
    Is the 100amp fuse seated tightly and clean?
    Is the vehicle harness in good shape? No sharp bends, abrasion or heat exposure.
    Controller pins are in good shape on back of controller? (There were some that broke off easily)
    Big plug connection at rear of vehicle is clean and DIELECTRIC grease was used to lubricate it?
    Spinner motor is connected to the proper plug coming from the module?
    With the spinner disconnected does the conveyor motor operate properly?

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

Do you have an update?

8. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I ordered a new spreader module and it fixed it. No idea how it went bad over the summer but $521 later it's fixed. Thanks for the help and trouble shooting I appreciate it

9. bliz&hinikerDLR

Make sure your dealer files a warranty claim on that!

10. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I agree hopefully someone makes it right.