1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ice build up issue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by traviswalker007, Dec 20, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

I have a 2003 silverado 35000 dump truck with the big steel mirrors. Problem is im going with a v-box spreader and need to rely on my mirrors. Does anybody know if they have heated mirrors that big, or a way to fab up something...thanks

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yes they do. Cheap too. Look on e-bay

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

35000 dump truck. That must have like a 20 yard V box on it....... Gotta watch them ZEROOOOOOOOO's.

Ron G.

4. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

oopss

sorry....3500..lol

5. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Heated mirrors

Ya they make heated pads for those kind of mirrors. I just got a newer dually, 01 Silverado, and have to do the same thing. check out heated windshield wipers, they are the BEST thing next to toilet paper!!!:waving:

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I think he rigged something up by now, seeing as how the thread is seven years old!

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Lol You don't know that for sure....:laughing: I missed it the first time around cause I wasn't a member yet.