1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice breaker?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Feb 24, 2015.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thinking of pulling a couple of these behind truck to break up ice/hard pack,have to rig it so I don't run over in reverse thoughpayup.

ice breaer.jpg

2. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Good luck. That may scratch ice. Probably break up slush. Only thing that could break hard solid ice is my spud.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. leigh

from CT

Maybe put some concrete blocks on it?

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Folks use those to groom riding arena's around me and in sand they do a ok job of knocking down the hoof prints.

5. leigh

from CT

Good to hear! Many of my lots are covered with frozen hoof prints.So this may solve all my problems that my meds don't.Thanks for endorsement!

6. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I don't want to be the doubting Thomas here, but i think anything that is strong enough, and heavy enough to get through ice, is probably going to leave scratch marks in pavement and concrete. I have used my Takeuchi TL230 with the pallet forks tight together to get under 4" thick (and thicker) snow pack and ice. Time consuming, but it was necessary to get semi trucks around a building.

7. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

it must be much colder here. If it could break ice it would tear the snot out of the surface. Salted on a warm day ,sure.