1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Breaker...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

nice combo of conditions we got from this little storm system that seemed to cover half the U.S.

here is a driveway i got called to do by the owner of a commercial property we service, 1-12" of heavy snow underneath a 1" layer of ice/sleet = cement. This is why i love v-blades.

[​IMG]

what happens when customers don't want ice control. All of our other lots were pre-treated and we just cleared slush this morning. This one was mainly ice/sleet. Most of it peeled off but we did all we could.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video:

[​IMG]

2. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Yup looks familiar, spent all day in the "ice breaker"... This storm sucked...

3. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

we got hit with 12'' of the white gold, wish I had time to install that boss 9'2'' plow i was telling you about. I'll just wait until deals are better, for now doing commercial sidewalk with a single stage and heavy white stuff sucks !!!!!!!

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya I hate when people dont want salt too. and if they seen the whole scheme of things it would be the same maybe only a bit more and they lot would always be alot cleaner

5. PTSolutions

that lot isnt used all the time, its a philippine community center that also gets rented out. so i guess they really dont have much budget for it. the portion to the right of the lightposts peeled well but the left side didnt budge.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Got any more pics of the truck in the last pic?

7. PTSolutions

here are a couple vids of it from last season, only difference is new tires and a new plow:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PTSolutions

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Nice looking truck. In that pic of it coming over the hill into the parking lot I thought maybe it was a bigger truck like a International 4300 or similar. New plow a VXT? Hard to tell from that far away. Can't think of any other reason to get rid of the Boss you had on there, looks brand new last yr.

10. PTSolutions

That's actually a video, if u click on it it show a drive by shot of the chevy peeling the ice up. No we bought another flat top as the truck is primarilly a driveway rig and its less dangerous for the garage doors lol. Didn't get rid of any plows just added another truck and moved them around

Though we are looking for a 33k dump for this spring