1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Ban Trials

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnoJob67, Nov 13, 2001.

1. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I am now an authorized distributor for Ice Ban. Nobody in my market uses treated deicing products. I have seen potash used. It seems that would be prohibitively expensive, though.

Well, now I'm "nobody", cause I'm using Ice Ban this season.
    I am anxious to judge its performance for myself.

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Congradulations Snojob,

If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. Looking forward to a great year. :D

Good Luck

3. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Thank you Mike. I appreciate that. To heck with snow, we want some icing events. ;)

4. snow control

snow control Junior Member

can you give us some info. like what ways are you selling it bagged, liquid , do you do salt pile spraying .also whats the diffferance between ice ban and magic i have never heard of anyone using ice ban just magic. also how much stock do you keep on hand incase of shortages . thanks

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

From the posting guidelines:

No Dealer WebSite Links in Posts, unless you are a sponsor.

* No Dealer can even mention you are a dealer unless you are a sponsor.

I kind of hate being a wet blanket, but I'm avoiding mentioning my involvement with MagicSalt (beyond a mention) for that reason. If you are a sponsor, pardon me.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2001
  6. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

My next stupid question is why is it in signatures, then? I see people talk about their products all the time? Have I missed something?

If the moderators ask me to not mention it, that is fine. However, I have seen others mention their products, prices, point people to them for business, etc. and to my knowledge they are not sponsors.

No disrespect, Mick, but you have some nerve mentioning me breaking the rules and you turn around and do the same thing in your post.

7. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Snow Control-

Email me and I will give you more specifics. I don't use the PM since it only allows 1000 characters and I can be a little wordy. :)

8. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Sno, I must be missing something, whats this last post mean? Isn't this a solicitation?

9. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

The man asked me for information and pm'd me asking for information. No, it is not a solicitation. I am telling him to take it up with me off the board.

I thought that would make more sense than the guy posting again and wondering why I did not answer his questions. I decided that would be better done by email than on this forum, since he asked. If you disagree, maybe we can continue the discussion here?

10. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Ok I am also confused on what you are trying to convey to us.
    Please elaborate more

Thank You

11. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Just out of curiosity... what are we all here for??? For our common interest in snow removal... right?

Why everyone is so freakin picky about who sells what, and god forbid if you mention it on this board. I think it's great that he's decided to sell Ice Ban. Now we'll have an "insider" to let us know how it works.

I got the same type of grief when I started my web-site. I spent a lot of time and money trying to help others out, and some people on this board were ranting and raving that I couldn't do "this, that or the other thing." If I did something completely wrong, then I deserved to be yelled at... but COME ON!!! We're all here to try to help each other out.

I can understand them not wanting people to sell their products via this board, but it's not like he's saying "COME BUY FROM ME!!!" He made mention that he's trying a new product. I do agree that there are some on this board that get away with it, while others get there hands slapped for it. That's life though I guess.

AARRGGGGGGGHHHH......... okay, I feel better now.

12. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Pot calls the kettle black...

Slim Jim-

Thank you. A voice of reason.

When I started this thread, it was because both Frank Corea and Mike Nelson (fellow ENVIROTECH distributors)attend this board and more than anything I was "tipping my hat" to them. John Parker and Dino Tudisca came to mind, as well since they distribute Magic and other deicing products. If I forgot other fellow distributors, I apologize in advance. Especially as I gain more and more product knowledge, it seems that talking with these guys would be beneficial and educational for all involved, including board members.

Am I proud that I am now distributing ENVIROTECH products? Of course. If I am a bit too enthusiastic, I apologize.

I did get a bit defensive when the finger got pointed my way! I don't want to name those not pointing the finger at me because I won't step on their toes. However, if you read other threads, people have outright said, "call us for pricing." Nobody made mention of it.

Mick made mention of the rules, when a couple of weeks ago he mentioned he is getting set up to sell magic in another thread. What gives?

There are contractors that cannot get salt this season. I was promised salt and the supplier backed out after assuring me they had a stockpile that would last through the winter months, so I know how these guys that are searching for a supply feel! If I get the opportunity to make a few bucks, and they have the opportunity to get supplied to serve their customers, that is a win-win in my book.

I'll tell you my thoughts on anything, for free. No purchase necessary. :p

Will I be coming on this board and writing daily classified ads to attempt to sell my wares? Heck no. I have more class than that. If others don't want to read my posts, they can easily put me on their ignore list.

If I have offended anyone, that is NOT my intention. I attend this board regularly and would much prefer to have friends here than make enemies. :)

13. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I gotta say I agree. I like the SIMA web site cause you can promote whatever you want as much as you like. I will admit I slide in as many urethane edge plugs as possible.
    However I am in no way associated or distributing any "magic" products. Unless you consider our magical urethane edges.
    Dino

14. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm... looking back, that's the most sense I've ever made before 7am. LOL!

Dino, I think he was thinking of Taconic...

15. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Have you found a source yet for Magic or equivalent treated salt? I am interested in a limited amount of bagged product (1 ton or so) but will not pay 12 a bag for it so if you have a reasonable source and wish to purchase quantity let me know.

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I fpund a supplier out of Jersey. Bill check your PM for their number. If anyone else in interested just email or PM me.
    Dino

17. Mike Klansek

Mike Klansek Junior Member
    from VA

Have any of you in the east contacted International Salt [(888) 388-ISCO] or Schoenberg Salt [(888) 546-7258]. You might be able to get Ice Ban treated salt from them. Give them a call.