1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ice b gone / magic

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CAG80, Nov 27, 2008.

1. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

two ?'s. due to the small amount of salt i order i have to treat it with the magic myself. i can get the salt with icebgone delivered at a decent price, but does it compare to magic?. if i switched it would avoid the pain of cleaning the hydro seeder out and draining the pump in the cold. also does anyone leave magic in a hydroseeder all winter and does it have any effect on it?
    thanks

2. customers_snow

customers_snow Member
    from 48843

Check with Taconic Maintenance or your local Magic distributor. I believe that Ice B Gone is the same product as Magic-0.

3. turboguy

turboguy Member

It should not cause any problems leaving it in your hydroseeder all winter. You should be fine.

4. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

I spoke with a magic dealer once about it and was told that it was not the same product, basically a knock off. From what i have read on the net it the same product under another name. So its kinda leaving me wondering whats what.. Any personal opinions would be a great help..
    thanks

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They are both the same product. Your Magic salt is treated with ice b gone liquid.

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If your pump is aluminum dont even think of running either product threw it. Magic and aluminum dont get along well. The mag chloride eats aluminum up quick.