1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice and snow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Dec 28, 2004.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Hey, I have a cap on the back of my new ride. Any suggestions for keeping the inside of the windows clear of ice, and outside of ice and snow? I was thinking of getting one of those little heaters for the cigarette lights, but I don't think that will be strong enough. Any suggestions please.

Steve

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

This might be a stretch but...take the cap off? Better visibility, no ice and snow...sounds like a winner to me!

3. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Thought of that, but having an infant, it comes in handy. not to mention it's my daily driver.

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Very true...thought i would throw it out!

5. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

thanks for the input

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

JRM.......Heres a idea I did years ago on my 65 Chevy to keep us warm in the camper back during hunting season !

I scrounged around a local parts yard and pulled the complete heater core/blower assembly off a old chevy car. I mounted it in the bed and ran/extended the heater hoses and power to it to run the fan.

Sure you had to keep the truck running but........
    Kept us toasty warm while thawing out between tree stand shifts or drives !

............geo :drinkup: