1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice and Maybe snow on the way.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Nov 25, 2000.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Sunday morning, Rain, Freezing Rain, Or snow, changing to all rain by afternoon.

I guess I will be useing some of my sand/salt mix. I think I will try out some of that pure salt too, see how it works.

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Freezing rain starting around daybreak here, then going to all rain by afternoon. As much as I hate to use sand/salt mix I've got a load on the big truck right now, just in case the gravel drives need it. We'll have to salt with the tailgate hopper until I get the sand off the big one. We'll see how it goes in the morning, the alarm is set for 3:00 AM, maybe it will be a bit more definate by then.
  3. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

Been snowing on and off all day here in northeast Washington. It's 11:00 pm and still snowing. Should be in bed, the guy I sub for will probably be calling in a couple of hours. Debating putting some coffee on and staying up. Or trying to catch a couple hours shut eye.

LET IT SNOW!!! :)
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

7 am freezing rain in central CT, none of the towns have sanded yet so I wont either, its supposed to change to rain w/in the next hour or two.
  5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing here till maybe Wednesday. I need to move north...[​IMG]
  6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Well it was going to be snow, sleet, freezing rain to rain, in the morning. However i have yet to see a flake. The forcast is now for snow,sleet, freezing rain, to rain for the afternoon.

The spreaders are on the truck, only I am going to wait till I see something before I send out the trucks. The spreader truck drivers are on stand by, ready to go for the second time.

7. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Fizzled again :(

Well, the freezing rain that was supposed to arrive here by daybreak came in late. By then it had warmed up enough that it barely froze at all. Scattered blotches of ice on the vehicles, none that I could see on the pavement. I had taken on 3 tons of mix yesterday for use on the gravel lots we do, ended up using a few hundredweight of it on a couple places that had a little snowpack from last week. They were icing a little on top of what snow there was (not even enough to hide the bigger stones) one is the back lot at the diner, the other belongs to a classic whiner, and I thought it was worth wasting a little mix on them to keep things going smoothly. Other than that sat here all day and watched it rain. Nothing worth losing sleep over for this week, from the forecasts, so maybe winter is NOT really here yet.