1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ian03 - question about your MM1

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buyamerican, Jan 7, 2005.

1. buyamerican

buyamerican Junior Member

I saw your post in the for sale section, but I didn't want to hi-jack your post with this.

I was wondering about hard wiring the MM1 to a new truck. I just got an 04 Silverado and I have at MM1 on my 1994 K1500. The '94 truck doesn't have the electical module for the plow, it's wired right into the wiring harness. This was a Fisher dealer install by the way.

I was quoted $1200 to move this plow to my new truck ('04 silverado). Most of this cost is for the new mounts and the electrical module.

I have been wondering why I can't wire the new truck without the fisher electrical module.

Did you do this yourself?? Is this Fisher approved???? What are the risks of doing this????

2. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Yeah, you can do it yourself. I doubt it's Fisher Approved but it has been reliable and hasn't left me hanging. All the lights are tapped in behind my headlights and go to a toggle next to my airbag switch. It is an On-Off-On and I have it setup so up is high beam, center is off and down is low beams.
    The plow functions are really easy, run the harness into the cab to the box, hook up power and ground and the solenoid and you are good to go. 1200 bucks was probably what it would have cost with labor. The mounts are 400 new, got mine used though. Where exactly are you in Mass? My friend owns his own car audio shop in Hampton and he had it wired in an hour, I am sure he would take care of you on price. PM me if you want his number.
  3. buyamerican

buyamerican Junior Member

My '94 truck doesn't require a switch for the lights. When I plug in the plow, the lights switch over and the high beams work the same as usual (except the plow lights are on instead of the truck lights).

Anyone know if it's possible to wire so that the plow lights operate on the '04 as they do on the '94???
  4. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

That is what they want to sell you. For 5 bucks you can make it go to a toggle switch. To make it plug and play and work on your factory switch and turn on when you plug in the plow is what they are charging you for. If you decide to move your plow to the new truck give me a PM and I can get you setup on the install. He is a good guy who definitely knows his stuff.