1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I95 First Nor'easter/ with some tropical aspects?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by tls22, Sep 23, 2008.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hey you crazy plow people, looks like our first Nor'easter is on its way! Early Nor'Easter's are a good sign for winter! Looks Like a low pressure will come up the coast thursday night which will spread heavy rain /wind from D.C. to Boston!

Hr60 GFS http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/fp0_060.shtml

hr 66 http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/fp0_060.shtml

If you cut grass on thursday/friday on the east coast, move the lawns up one day! I will be doing this, as the weekend will be a total wash out!

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/fp0_102.shtml

Hr 102 is very interesting as a tropical system will be forming south of new england, many models have this coming on shore around Long island as a tropical storm! This would be around the Saturday afternoon time frame. This is a possibility, but my gut tells me it will go wide right! It may enhance rain in southern new england saturday night!

The nam model only goes out 84 hrs http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/12/fp0_084.shtml
    But you can see the tropical system about 300 miles south of Long island, on that path it would cross over!

This is a very tricky forecast and i will have updates, here is a post from a forecast from accuweather!

Take out the GFS and we have a good consensus [amongst the major models] on a hit near NYC... but until these players take the field it's not something yet to hang our hat on. I will say that again there are some interesting parameters for intensification there, including very warm water water off the mid-Atlantic coast, and that is why you see the hurricane models deepening this thing so much (sub-960 mb pressures on some runs). But... Hanna taught me to wait until we get away from Hispaniola, and that I will do.

Thanks,Tim:waving:

2. gkm

gkm Senior Member

:drinkup:way to keep on top of things keep us up to date. thanks

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Np gkm......going to be a rainy weekend!

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I will have a update tonight!

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Thanks Tim. think i should get the plow ready? or the squeegy?

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Go squeegy, perhaps some sleet mix in!:rolleyes:

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wed morning update:

Good old fashion nor'easter coming up the coast, wash out from thursday-sunday! Pre-pare for heavy rain, wind , and costal flooding! I will have more updates late tonight, as i have work all day and school tonight!:waving:

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you saying this could be a October Snow Storm?:D

9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

who cares about the "mad man henry " we got the "mad man TIMBO" LOL ussmileyflag

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Funny you bring that up gv, perhaps the cold shot next week might lead to some wet flakes. A little to early for a october 2006, but perhaps some flakes for you!

Thanks Mike!:drinkup:

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Final call on the storm!

Rain starts from south to north on thursday, expect heavy rain to fall from thursday night to friday afternoon. Expect scattered shower threw the weekend! 1-4 inches of rain!

Winds will gust to 30-40 mph along the coast, minor coastal flooding is possible!

First nor'easter of the year enjoy it, hopefully we can get a ton of snow nor'easters this winter!xysport

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Im going to spray Fluid Film all along the east coast so the noreasters slip away and head to chicago!! I bet GV will help too!

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

NO snow for you Doug, u had enough last year!:nono:

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

On the way home today i stop to get dinner by the water. I took this shot of the truck and trailer, left the other mowers home. My lawn is not that big! Normaly you can see the city in this shot. The water also had some nice white caps on it!

[​IMG]

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

are the rear tires on the trailer more bald then the front? looks like the tounge is a little low

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nah they are good! It might be a dip in the pavement or my trailer hitch sits low! Plus all the weight is upfront!