1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I will be selling these what is a reasonable amount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DAZ982500, May 3, 2008.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I am searching for a different truck,3/4 ton, I currently own and will be selling 1/2 ton,the plow is a Western Ultramount Standard 71/2.I have SNOWeX salter too.The plow is 6 months old payed $4200 the salter is 3yrs old payed $1500.I will be upgrading the plow to a Pro,I have not figured out the salter yet.Anyway, I am wondering what a good price here attractive tobuyer but not screw*** me The sale items are the plow/salter.Dave
  2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i just dont understand why u dont keep them...and if u want wider just get the wings for the plow...unless ur looking to lose about 1000-1500 on the plow and 200-600 on the salt spreader....used equpt will sell for less then u paid remeber and now u got to come up with the loss from the plow and then more money for the next...

also what model snowex
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

you would be luck to get 1000 fo rth eplow... i would have to see the spreader
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i think he can get over a 1000 for a 6 month old plow. have you discussed trading the plow in with your dealer and upgrading, some dealers will work with you. where in upstate NY are you and post pics of the spreader. im in Little Falls, and might be interested in it.
  5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

not much more than $1000 right now wait till winter and ask like $3500 or ebay it alot of people think they can make big money in plowing and will spend it in the winter around here like every truck i see in the winter has a plow on it only reason im getting a plow is to do my drive way and 4 other peoples that i use to do with a mower but it kinda blew up doing wheelies ya it had alot of power