1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I was really bored last week.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Duncan90si, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I was really bored last week, no snow. I decided to paint my 95 2WD flatbed dump.

Some of you may have seen my build thread, to those who didn't here is what it looked like a little over a year ago as a sweeper truck.

Here is what it looked like after I made it a dump.

Here it is with the new black paint on the cab and with the spreader on the back. (sorry its so dirty.)

Now I'm going to have to repaint the bed. Let me know what you guys think.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It looks good, with that spreader on the back I am bet thing pushes pretty well only having two wheel drive. I used to push with a 3500 chevy like that but it was a 99 and over 90% of the time I was in 2WD and it pushed great. Nice paint job...
  3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Nice truck, looks like a very profitable setup. Lokks like a real money maker.payup
  4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck we have to save all the old chevys and gmcs we can the nbs arent the same good luck it with hope you make lottso money payuppayuppayup
  5. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

Very nice setup!! Paint looks pretty good. Black is tough because it shows all the flaws in the sheet metal, it's in good shape for being 13 yrs old. :salute:
  6. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Hey if you're bored this week I have a little F650 project for you..:nod:

7. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Nice job on the paint,nice lookin truck, now you won't blend in w/ the ''white''snow LOL
  8. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

That thing looks pretty sweet. The black looks a lot nicer than the white. Nice Job!:drinkup:
  9. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yeah tell me about it. I had to weld and straighten the drivers fender a little. If you look close in the 2nd pic you can see the 3 bolt holes in the fender from the fender mirror and curb broom light that used to be mounted there. I've done many black vehicles before and this was one of the easiest. It was fairly straight to begin with and after all it is a work truck. I wasn't trying to acheive perfection by any means. ( for the record this is not a base/clear paint job, this is single stage.)

It has already paid for itself many many times over already. I have very little money into the truck, plow and spreader, and of course no payments. :D
  10. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Nice Job!, Great Truck!
  11. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Looks good, did you paint all the interior metal too? :drinkup::drinkup:
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really clean looking truck!!
  13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I will be doing it sometime next week. I knew I had some snow coming this week and I didn't want the snow to start flying when the door jams are still masked and wet.
  14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

awesome job that truck has come a long way since it was a sweeper truck.
  15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow it looks really good and clean
  16. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Thats one heck of a transformation. You turned an old maid into a good looking spring chicken. Kudos to you. :salute:
  17. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Ive got 2 more sitting in a garage with old tymcos 210s. they have diesel engines for the truck. havent been started an a few years. let me know if you want to buy them :D