1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I was bored tonight and made some driveway markers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JeffNY, Jan 26, 2007.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

went to lowes and picked up the rough cut pos warped 2x3's, 8' long, ripped em in half and cut em to 6' lengths. came out to 68 cents each. I didnt want them 4' long because I've seen people use those, after a foot of snow, you can see the tips of them peaking out.

I have too much time on my hands I know, but they look cool.

[​IMG]

2. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

yea man you do have to much free time. where is the order form? payup :nod:

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

ha, i'll be makin the cash when I charge my customers by the hour to put these in. (hahahaha, just kidding!)

Unfortunately, im not pounding anything into the ground right now, its been 0-15deg the past 2 days.

4. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

here in st.louis it was 60!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: i wish it was that cold here

5. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

no you dont:dizzy: :dizzy: - 20F here last night

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Looks nice Jeff, hope you get to use them lol.
    Hey i know you sprayed the garage door with hydro fluid, but damn you really soaked that floor!! hahaha;)

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah Porter said it -- freakin cold, and we had a fire last night too (we joked about keeping it going for warmth!)

My father in law & his brothers go hiking in the Mt Washington range every winter, mid January. They came down yesterday a day early because of -37 temps & uncertain forecasts. No thanks!!! It is kinda funny to hear about their annual excursions, not showering for 5 days & stopping at Burger King on the way home to do a rough "clean up" before bringing nature's stench into the house. Great photos from the voyage each year though -- usually one person is the trailblazer through the 3 feet of snow

~Kevin

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I would love to know where it was "-20" in Mass last night.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That -20 degrees has to be windchill. It only got to -4 out here lat night. It felt good!:D JeffNY: Those are cool markers. Maybe they'll come in handy next season:(

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Maybe in the Berkshires.

11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Doubt that. :)

I am in one of the colder spots in MA and we got down to -4.8.................-20 is a long way from that. :)

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah, I was sort of half joking. Maybe at Mount Greylock it was -20. :p

14. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

That could be true. I wish there was a weather station up there we could check it out.

PS Sorry about the hi-jack........ Nice stakes. :)

15. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hey JeffNY, are you expecting tranny trouble?...LOL

16. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

hahaha, thats hilarious. I'd pay to see that person fall on one. If you fall on a 6 foot stake, you have serious issues.

17. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

ha, that beast is going in my '94 off road truck. I done smoked it.