1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want to setup my new trucks with computers, weather and software

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dutchhook, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I want a mobile computer station in my trucks. Computer to receive and send emails, I'd like to get premium weather information and find a good mobile stand to hold the whole thing. Anyone have suggestions or pictures??

2. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

go with verizon wireless, tmobile, sprint, or att. they have wireless cars for laptops and its just like using the internet like you normally do. as far as stands go i am not to sure what you can use, you may want to get a power converter for your laptop or use a cigarette lighter adapter for it.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

blackberry ?
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like a better idea to me, I'm not sure why you guys need to have a laptop in your truck. I find the radio and my weather #'s give me all the info I need. I'm getting a Blackberry before winter starts because I need a new phone and checking the radar and weather will be an added bonus.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And make sure you have internet on it so you continue to post on PS to keep up during the storms.