1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want to fix up my used Fisher.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ian03, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I am thinking of replacing the lines and the angle cylinders. Should be a bout 200 bucks for parts. If I have no leaks yet and everything is currently working, would you bother with it? What should I have in my truck when I am on the road? Do any of you carry anything special?
  2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Personally, I would not change anything unless it was not working properly or wasn't working at all. If you think that there is a leak in one of your hoses or there is a worn spot, then maybe you ought to replace them. I have seen new hoses bust & old hoses that looked like junk last for 2 more seasons. If you think there is a problem with these items but are not for sure then just purchase a spare & keep with you. You should always carry extra fluid, hoses, pins & wrenches to fit your hose fittings. A small self lighting propane torch is not a bad item to have either. Do a search on here for other items that people carry with them while plowing. :waving: BOAST