1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want to find a complete heated mirror kit????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bob coco, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bob coco

bob coco Member

I have a 2006 GMC W/T with (snowplow prep) but stock non heated non power mirrors. Why heated mirrors is not part of the (snow plow prep package) I don't understand but so be it.

I've searched all over for a complete kit to install heated mirrors on my truck. Most companies have replacement towing mirrors that plug into existing wiring. I doubt there's any wiring there. It's a bare bones work truck. I know the mirror heaters work on a timer. And the power part would require a bunch of wiring. I'm looking for a simple kit to get stock size heads w/ heat with a wiring kit to hook up. I don't mind drilling a hole in the dash to mount a switch for heat but don't want a slew of switches that will get confusing.

Can the heat be hooked up to run continuosly? Does anyone know of some kind of timed switch setup? I don't want big towing mirrors as I plow some pretty tight driveways with this truck and they are rubbing hedges and bushes already. Or is there a kit available to install into a stock mirror?

Thanks, Bob
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The wiring should be right there for you Bob. You just need the switch,piece of cake.
  3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

ebay has a kit.
  4. bob coco

bob coco Member

Thanks but I sold the truck.
  5. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

got a link?