1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want to buy a tailgate spreader. Who's still selling one?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Playboy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I've looked through old post and I've seen people asking if it's still for sale and they haven't been answered. I'm in CT. I have a 2500 with the 6.5' bed. I prefer a two stage spreader. Must be in like new condition. I want it to be complete with wiring and controls. Western/fisher/snow ex, etc.
    Post a pic of what you have and the price. I would prefer to buy it from some one in the tri state area so I can either pick it up or meet half way.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

If you want to buy it in new condition, why not buy new? there will not be much of a price difference.
  3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Because some times people make a purchase only to outgrow it very fast. This is a buyers time to purchase used right now for winter equipment. What I mean by like new condition doesn't mean 1-2 years old. It can be 4-5 years old but well kept. I was thinking of buying a new 2 stage but I'd rather see who's looking to sell theirs first.
  4. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hello i have a Western Pro Flo Spreader It holds up to 900# ( you can get all the specs on the Western website) It has a hitch mount, with and on/off switch. It has NO cover. The spreader works great. It has been sanded down and painted when i bought it (11/06) and at the end of last season. The picture is in the link in my signature. Make me an offer.
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Page 1 has the on/off switch and page 2 second picture is the spreader.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a Meyer mini jr that has a brand new motor/brand new vibrator and was sanded down and repainted last season. It has 2 rear facing lights a newer controller (2 or 3 seasons ago. Its in near new condition, I am asking 600.00. It holds at least 4 80lb bags of #1rock salt.