1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Want Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Jun 2, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Well, its June now. I like doing landscape work, thats my business, but I hate cutting grass. Cutting sucks big donkey you know what!!! I only cut on thurs, fri, and sat, and once school gets out, only on thurs and fri. and I do landscape work from mon-weds +sunday. nonetheless, the two or 3 days im cutting are by far the worst days of the week. I havent had a day off in about a month, or maybe even two, and now cutting is just tickin me off more and more, lol. Oh well, I'll just look forward to mon-weds so I can get back to what I love, landscaping!

I cant wait for winter, or a vaction, which ever comes first.

Alright, im done venting, thanks! lol

Anyway's, whoelse is waiting for the snow to start falling again?

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I mow mon thru fri by friday i dont even want to look at the mowers and still have to come home and cut my own lawn :dizzy:

3. PremierLand

from detroit

ya I hear ya. I only have 30 lawns. Last year I had 50, but with school and all I droped the dead beats and people I didnt want anymore so im down to 30... but every single other day I do landscapeing work. and I love it and alot more money in it. Plus my phone is ringing alot and all that good stuff. I cant wait until I get out of HS nextyear and take college night classes so I can start cutting more lawns and take on more landscape jobs, well just get to the jobs sooner.

But ya I know waht you mean, last think you want to do after a hard days work is cut your own freakin lawn.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Ready for snow???,, no way... We work Monday- Thursday. I go the the lake on weekends, even bought a place there. Life is too short, you have to enjoy it :nod:

5. wls

wls Senior Member

We have a place in michigans upper, take the quads up for 3-4 day weekends.

6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Mark,We cut 6.5 days a week and It's been a booming season.I'm not much for the inferno weather but we deal with it.My work ends at noon on Sundays so I can spend time with my family.but yes i'm looking forward to the snow season as well...

7. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

I'd settle for snow year round !

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I will second that. :drinkup:

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Damn! You guys work too hard!
    I used to cut when I was in HS for a couple of seasons (old craftsman 22" self propelled mowers and a home trimmer.... tossed in the back of my '82 Toyota pickup with a cooler of ice and water and a 5 gal gas can...)

Got to enjoy life a bit- schedule the weekends (at least sunday) off- no work at all. 7 days a week will burn anyone out, even 6 days a week will burn most people out.

The snow will be nice.... but I have some work I need done first so don't rush it on me. ;)

10. PremierLand

from detroit

actually... now that its like 92 everyday, I dont mind working... Because I do like the heat when im working, I just dont like it when I go home at night... But ya, Lately Ive been working from 3:30pm-9pm or later on weekdays, and until about 8 or 9 on the weekends, depending on how much I have going on... But now im booked up until July with landscape work so Im content without snow.

I need a day off, I havent had one off in SOOOO long... but schools almost out so ill be working like 91 hours a week. I love working though, however my parents keep yelling at me, telling me to work less and have fun more... but my goal this year is to buy a boat or 2 jetskis, so on the days I get off at like 3pm I can go have fun with my buddies. In march im getting another truck too, atleast if business is going as good as it is now, im getting one with a dump bed, im sick and tired of shoveling stuff (mulch, rocks, slag sand, etc) out of my bed.

GIT R DUN

11. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

are you serious you like it to be in the 90's when you work!!! :confused: myself, i prefer the 70's and early 80's and 90 on the weekend when im out on the boat..

12. PremierLand

from detroit

ya, i dont know, im weird. I dont mind the hot weather when im working. but like if im playin bball or something I dont like the heat, but im with you on the boat thing, I like it hott when im out on the water.

13. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Snow is nice when it is cold but I can make a lot more money in mowing $ 700 to $1000 a day mowing. I do that 4 days a week and landscaping on 2 days a week.
    vs.
    Snow once ever 2 weeks if you lucky and $3000 to $5000

14. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I'm with you premier, bring on the snow! My profit percentage is much higher, I gross almost as much in the winter as the summer in much less time, from the inside of a nice heated cab with the tunes cranked. Every year I think I think about giving up the summer work and focus on chasing snowflakes. I run all summer long and don't get to do a thing for myself, its getting old. Oh well.

15. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I like to plow snow, its the best past time there is. But this time of the year you have to make the money to hold you over in the winter. I'm starting to get ready for winter right now, were putting a another truck together for this year. AS well as swaping our light bars out for new ones. And were getting UHF 2-Ways put in.

It all takes money, but even with out all that new stuff were doing, It dosen't snow enought around here to live on, yes it helps but if it dosen't snow then were SOL,

This time of year you got to make the money while its there, so were selling and whipping out as many jobs as we can.

16. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man it has been 90 degree's here almost everyday for the last week or so...it feels so good to be outside working in shorts and t-shirts in the hot weather.How can you possibly be thinking about snow at a time like this?This is my kind of weather right here.

17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

were starting to bid on lots now. its time to get ready for snow.

18. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Im ready for snow, i love it so much.......its lots of fun, i just cant wait!!!