1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want one.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by White Gardens, Jan 15, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the looks, but some of those comments scare me.

Something else to go wrong, be expensive to fix, get plugged with snow, etc.

And how does a plow frame work with that?

Pretty sure no comment is even necessary aboot this.

Reading some of the comments pretty much summarize it.

Build a work truck that works. Not with all kinds of fancy crap that costs a crapload to fix and maintain.

3. White Gardens

The Atlas is a concept regardless.

I have a feeling your going to see at least the same type of body style on the new trucks.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they offer different levels of the truck. I would bet that a 250 or 350 would be built more for abuse.

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

As a F150 it would be awesome. You cant put a plow on the new ones anyways.

For a 3/4+ It better be a solid frame aluminum. Of course if that was the case, people would be chopping up your frame in the middle of the night.

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda looks like a Chevy

6. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I like it. I like it a lot.

7. White Gardens

Are you smoking crack?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I looked quick and actually had to read it to see what it was. :jester: I guess the grill kinda gives it away.

9. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I didn't think it looked anything like a Chevrolet.

10. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

The box looks short.

11. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I was actually thinking that same thing with the flared out fenders.

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont like it. Its just too ugly. Well, most modern trucks after 2011 are getting

A. More useless
    B. Uglier
    C. Lower to the ground

13. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

This kind of stuff isn't that different from things that were new in the past. We work through them, sometimes easily, sometimes painfully.

If your wheels' shutters get stuck closed you'll pry them out. If your wheels' shutters get stuck open you'll brag to your friends. Plenty of people will slap on normal aftermarket wheels anyway.

I thought I've heard of the automatic lowering air dam on some trucks before, but anyway, you'll just pull the air dam fuse when you install a plow frame. After some years there will be enough of a parts market for you to sell your air dam motor on eBay and recoup some of the money that you think you paid for it when buying the truck.

You want to know what this crap is really for? It's there so that they can sell a vehicle that gets rated for the same MPG with more power and/or more weight. You get a more powerful, heavier truck, without paying a higher price caused by **** fines and without pissing off environmentalists. They get to advertise better MPG. You get to disable all the crap that bothers you and go on your merry way.

You don't have to fix and maintain the things that you don't want to function.

Edit: WTF, the forum software censored the acronym for Corporate Average Fuel Economy...

As long as the larger market for "half ton" pickups is office commuters and soccer moms, they will continue to evolve into sedan-like and minivan-like vehicles, just like SUVs did.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

At least Chevy is making a 6.5 foot bed an option on the half ton crew cabs for the first time.

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would trade in the old ladies Edge for that F150 tomorrow if I could.

16. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Test

LOL, it does. How stupid is that?

17. theholycow

:laughing: Maybe there was some drama or a joke about it years ago, long forgotten.

18. C&T Landscaping

C&T Landscaping Member

Pretty sure it was because of a rival lawn care website a few years back
    ********.com

Maybe they weren't trying to have that site advertised on their own.

Im an idiot for trying to put the URL knowing it would be blocked lol

19. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

What I don't get though is this, is this a 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, or 1 ton truck? It looks similar to an f150, but it seems too high. I can't see them using this same design as the f150 AND as the f2/3/4/550 as they haven't done that since 1997.

20. theholycow

It's a concept. The real world model won't be delivered with the height or most of the crazy features, though it might be higher than the current model...that's something you can get away with if you have shutters on your wheels and an automatically lowering air dam.