1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want bigger tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OldSchoolNY, Dec 31, 2003.

1. OldSchoolNY

OldSchoolNY Junior Member

I'm currently running 235/75/15 on my '86 GMC K1500, but I want something bigger and "badder" Someone suggested 31/10.50/15
    I want to keep it under $100/ea. (student on a budget)

Any suggestions???? Brand, size, price, style...

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Stick with high profile tires and narrow. They cut through snow better. Don't go WIDE except for Blizzard 810. If you can afford it get 16" rims. Maybe salvage yard.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,815 are a good size i run them on my dakota i like cooper st's
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

go with 265 75 16 they add about 2 inches in riding hieght
  5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm running 33x12.50x15's, Trxus m/t , same company that makes Super Swampers. Great tire, quiet, nice ride and big!!! Slightly over $100 at 4Wheel Parts. www.4wheelparts.com. I haven't had any trouble yet getting around. I used to run 32x12.50x15 pulling tires, they were horrible.
  6. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

This is my first year with a lifted truck and some 315/75/16's I just put the plow on today

plow truck 018.jpg
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that pic looks great :drinkup:
  8. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I need to get the bumpers back on............Thanks!

as you can see no damn snow here!!!:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I believe Tirerack has the Yokohama Geolander's for like $85 a piece, that's what I plan on getting when the worthless Wrangler's AT/D's on my truck wear out.
  11. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We have 31-10.50's 15in on our 1984 Chevy K10, look good and fit good- no rubbing. The are Firestone Wilderness AT III's, not being made anymore I've heard, I would recommend the BF Goodrich radial All-Terrain TA's in the same size. We have those on all of our other trucks and they are great, that size should be around $100 or a little more.
  12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the geolanders are a directional tread and cannot be rotated side to side unless they are dismounted and remounted