1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want an 03 Jeep Rubicon. Comments?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sndun, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Sndun

Sndun Member

I love my '98 Wrangler Sahara but I think I've found my next vehicle.

My '98 TJ has 66,000 miles on it and I hate to see her go but DC finally started making something I just have to have. Closed up or top and doors off, my next vehicle has to be another Wrangler. Here are some specs, let me know what ya think:

4:1 Rock-Trac(TM) Heavy-Duty Part-Time 4WD System
    Heavy-Duty Dana M44/216MM Front Axle
    Dana 44-3 Heavy-Duty Rear Axle
    4.11:1 Axle Ratio
    air lockers front and rear
    4 speed auto
    disc brakes all around
    16x8 rims with 31" tires

Problem is, the way I built it, sticker comes to $29,800. :eek:

Yep, I think my Jet Ski will be going up for sale soon. :realmad:

2. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

GET IT!!!! You will love it. I am a jeep freak and I love the new Rubi's. I have a buddy with one and he loves it. The only problem is the t-case hangs down really low. Much lower then the regular TJ. Put a lift and bigger tires and you are good to go. Tim

Here is mine:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/readersrides/display.asp?ID=1093

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

This truck would make a great plow truck! I have two Jeep wranglers and they plow awsome. Add some HD options to the same truck, and you get a close to bullet proof set up.

For the price though, I will be purchasing two new 'X' models for next year.

CGB

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I just saw one the other day they are deffinitely a serious all out 4x4 that will handle most anything that you can throw at it. Im sure they have tremendous snow plowing potential also.

Jay

5. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Jezzzusssss Tim

that is a bad *ss:nono: jeep!!
    That must be a major rush climbing rocks like that :drinkup:

6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I heard about the new jeep. It sound like the old one's small a tuff and I bet with the lockers they could push some big snow.