1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want a new truck , Whats Mine worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dieselman19, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a 1997 Ford f 350 Diesel with 150,000 miles, it is in great shape, it has new tires and alloy wheels, it comes with a super chip programmer and full gauges, im not sure if i should sell the plow with it (10 foot western unimount)? What is the package worth?

2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Go to www.kbb.com (Kelley Blue Book) and it will give you a trade-in value of your truck and a private sale value. I would say probably around 15k but I would check anyways.

3. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

If its in good shape you would get $12-13,000 around here. My experience has been that the plow dealer will give more in trade for a used plow then you will get to sell with the truck. However there is a chance you might find the right person and then be able to sell as a package deal. Had a friend sell one on ebay he did well. But will cost you $100 to list it. Pictures are key.

4. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Do you have any pictures I might be interested in it. I have a 97 f350 dually with a 7.3 but I only use it in the summer. I would like to get another truck for next winter and run it and my f250 for plowing. How soon are you looking at getting a new truck? Hows the trans I put 2 in my dually in the last 3 years. How is the engine any work done on it.

I paid $5,400 at a bankruptcy auction for the dually but it needed a trans, Cam position sensor, chip, breaks and the transport cost to get it up here from Nashville so final cost was around $10,000. This is for a 2 wheel drive crew cab centurian package. That might give you a ball park of what that year truck is worth.

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Wanna sell the dually? Any pics?

6. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

the truck is in great shape, i have not dont much to the motor, it has a tymar intake, i have replaced the altanator. It has a super chip programmor, and i have not done anything to the tranny, but i was told by a tranny guy he thinks that the tranny was "opened" up by the previous owner because it shifts so good with the miles, the truck is a GREAT truck and it looks great great i would drive it for another 3-4 years but i want a extened cab, it also has BF goodrich 285 75 R 16 tires, new breaks, a new rear end with 70,000 miles ( becuase the old style retainer nut came off and bent the axle). I can send pics later today. I would sell it tomorrow if i could replace it before the next snow fall, so i guess if i have some interested i could search harder for a new truck.