1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want a Ford F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FF279, Dec 31, 2004.

1. FF279

FF279 Banned

The one truck that I want in the Entire world is a Black or White 2003-2004 Ford f-250 with a v-8 engine, ext. cab. automatic tranny, and an 8 foot Western or Boss Plow.!!!! But I cant afford one, can some one help me how much amonth would finaing be..Im only 18yrs old and with a job at Kohl's Department Store making $8.00 an hour can it be done??

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My signature says what mine is. I love it. $426.00 a month plus insurance.

3. FF279

FF279 Banned

what type of plow are you running on it?? Is it reliable? easy on easy off? Any modifactions before putting on your plow...timbrens??

\

Thanks,
    Ryan

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My plow is in my sig also. ;) 7 1/2 Boss. It takes maybe 30 seconds to hook up and even less to take off. It also doesn't have the chain like most other brands to raise the plow. Excellent feature imo. I didn't have to do any mods to put the plow on.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Unfortunately, i think it would be hard to afford. Those are nice trucks but also expensive. Iam only 17 and there are plenty of things that i would get "if i hit the lottery". I don't know your money situation nor am i in a position to give financial advice so i won't. Unless you can find one like you described for a really good price i would wait. I have had this same problem, i was trying very hard to afford a certin truck and i had myself convinced that i should get this one that was in my range and i found out that it would be nothing but problems, blown tranny, 150K, needs new everythig, the list goes on. You may be too tempted to get the cheapest worst condition F-250 You can find, just because its in your range and meets your criteria. My opinion is wait until you can do it right (if thats now then do so), wait until you are sure you can get something reliable and worth your money. Do you have a truck now? Generally if there is a will there is a way but how much do you want to work to pay the truck off? Having the job that you do (no offense, iam no better) I would not want that much overhead that early in life. Personally I think you should try to get something "in between" and work towards a nicer truck. Also those F-250's will clean you out at the gas pumps. Its a long life, as most kids my age say about their dream vehicles "someday".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  6. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Making 8 dollars an hour, there is no way you can afford to pay monthly payments, insurance, gas/fuel, and maintenance related items that will pop up, not to mention if something breaks. I would keep working, and save up, as mentioned above, you don't want to have that much overhead this early on. I too have been tempted to buy a newer f350, but when I figured out the cost of owning, I can do it, but won't be able to party, eat, or anything else that I might feel like buying at a given time. I'm 22, about to turn 23 and nearly done with college, as soon as I find a decent paying job, I'll be all over a new-used truck, but I only have 6 more months, then I can finally own that truck that I've looked at o so many times.

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

go to auto trader, get a used diesel 350. you can find one with 70k miles for like 15k or so. but then again, if you have to finance it and dont have the cash, the intrest on used trucks will kill ya, so ya might be better off waiting to get the used. Sometimes the price tag on used and new trucks are so far off, but the intrest is so much different that sometimes the new can be cheaper. Kinda weird, but its true.

If I were you I would just save up to atleast pay for half, then try to find a used one and pay for it in full cash for like 15k.
    say you want a new 30k 250, well save 15 with your heart set on the new one. well then look for a used one in excellent condition for 15k and buy it, that way you wont have any monthly payments...

Anyone wanna say how much their insurance run them a month? I know it varries from city to city and what kind of coverage you have, but still, im curious on how much these cost a month...

Im selling my trucks, and buying a used 02 350 diesel with 60k miles on it, and I will acutally be saving $ with gasoine prices cause they get better mileage, in the past 3 months ive spent over $900 at the gas pump with these damn gas sucking trucks. And my insurance on all 3 is $360 a month.

So I can take the money I save from gasoline with the diesel and put it towards the insurance on a 350. lol. Im guessing insurance with the 350 is around $200-300 a month? Therefore, I might be saving money with a bigger better truck!!!!

8. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

I looked into insurance the other day as I was curious if I could afford payments and insurance a month. I'm 22, no accidents and no tickets in the last 3 years, a 2000 f350 reg cab diesel/manual was 160 bucks a month. I don't know what others pay, but I would imagine being over 25 would help out as well.

9. FF279

FF279 Banned

If you dont mind me asking whats your insurance company? Thanks, Ryan :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  10. PremierLand

from detroit

damn thats an awsome insurance quote. I imagine a 2002 350 reg cab, diesel auto would be $200 then, damn i'd be saving close to $100 on insurance, and probably $200 a month on gas prices. Dang, I could save $300 on getting that diesel, however Im waiting until I sell my trucks before I buy the 02.

11. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I pay $1080 for my F-250 for the year, full coverage $500,000 limits

thinking of raising it to $1,000,000 liability.

12. FF279

FF279 Banned

How much a Month.?

13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I pay 6 payments and have 3 other cars on the policy that I pay as well.

but $1080/12=$90

14. PremierLand

from detroit

Damn thats soooo cheap.

15. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I also have my home owners with them as well, no accidents and no claims, not even a windshield claim.

and to think NYS has something like the 2nd highest insurance rates in the country.

16. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I have been offered a 04 F250 with the new 6.0L desiel for only $20k. Im only 18 and have a landscaping company. Im gonna take out a 4 year loan with $3k down to build credit and with insurance itll be between $550-600/ month. The kids who have this truck is spoiled and wants a crew cab because the ext. cab it to small, I cant wait to get this truck, black with the sport package, just need to get the plow mounts for my fisher plow. I drool everytime I see this truck. :nod: Keep working hard and you'll be able to get it one day, go to college to, dont get caught up in making money!

17. FF279

FF279 Banned

HOLY $h!t, how did you start your business?? can you help start one?? what did it take?

18. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

jg- how much is the insurance?

19. jglandscaping

insurance is $200/month with full coverage.
    Starting a business is easy, I will admit my parents helped me with loaning me the money for some equipment but I have paid every cent back. Im writing my business plan as I talk to you now and I will become an LLC(limited liability corporation) next week. you just need comitment, I currently have 23 driveways and I thought Id never get that much but advertising helps!
    Good luck
    James

20. jglandscaping

forgot to add in, I can help you if you would like!
    James