1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I want a Fisher!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by burtonboards32, Jan 12, 2011.

1. burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Junior Member

Here is my problem- I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and would like to bolt on a fisher plow, preferably a 6'9" SD but Fisher apparently does not offer any other plow for the tacoma other than the homesteader. although i am only going to be plowing a few small driveways, i would like to get a plow that is based on a larger commercial grade plow rather than recycled barbies bolted to the front of my truck. how hard would it be to customize a mount to fit my truck and be able to safely and efficiently plow some snow? i have been trying to find some way to get intouch with Fisher in Maine to see if i could bring my truck to them and have them make a mount for the truck but i have not been able to finda phone number or an email address for any department (sales, r and d, customer service, etc.) at fisher so if anyone knows how i can get intouch with them please let me know. thanks for any help that can be offered.
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

Homesteader is it. You could talk to Fisher until you're blue in the face and they aren't going to make anything different for you. Overloading of the front axle is something they will just not do due to liability issues. Sorry, you're on your own.
  3. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

nothing wrong with the homesteader. plowed 2ft of fluff in my tacoma yesterday like a beast. thats on an uphill gravel drive to. poly is nice on your front end. you put a steel blade on your truck you will HAVE to get stiffer coils in the front. i'm putting a three inch lift in the spring to bring the front up on mine.
  4. burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Junior Member

I already have bilstein 5100s with old man emu coil springs on the front. The extra weight should not be a problem.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ya but the legal issue is its still tech overloading the axle and other parts.

if you want a older system with beefy plow then fab a way
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get a snowdogg, they make stainless plows for your truck.