1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I WANT a diesel!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Dec 2, 2004.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

When I was plowing one of my commercial accounts, accross the street is a fire dept. After I was done plowing the lot, I was shoveling the walks. All of a sudden I heard this roaring POWERSTROKE ford coming. It sounded amazing! It had a whispering sound kinda like a semi. He had a black ford f-350 with a cab. He had a full edge lightbar on it, but he just had the front amber and rear red hide away strobes that looked AWSOME! Does anyone know what kinda pipe/modifications he had for this diesel sound effect. It was pretty loud. does anyone know of any websites that have diffrent diesel sounds? Also what is the best Powerstroke diesel? 7.3 6.0?????
    Thanks a lot guys!

2. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Thats the guy I plow for 5"hypermax exhaust no MUFFLER! He lives in LITH too!

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I think the company name is j.w. concrete. He has a new 4500 chevy dump?
    He gots a sweet lookin ford! What truck are you using fsuperduty? Thanks

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the 6.0 sound like a jet with a exhaust system. you can really hear the turbo screaming away under load.

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I have a grey f250 crew cab 6.0 boss power-v.the site won't let me post anothe picture.search new truck last years plow to see it!

6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

the best powerstroke is none other than the totally awesome 6.0l

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got the 7.3 with the Banks Power Pack and it has balls from hell. I've also got the Banks 4in. exhaust. Nice and loud.

8. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

here we go I hope!

DSC00148.JPG

9. George C

George C Senior Member

I own an 03' CC DRW Lariat LE with a 4" dual exhaust. It has to be the best sounding engine on the road.

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

YUP!!! We don't have a muffler either. Sure do save a lot on fuel also :)

11. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Mufflers are for cars. My 00' and 96' PSD's are both straight piped. What is it they say "loud pipes save lives" or something like that.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe for a oil burner but nothing sounds like a big block with nice cam and exhaust.

13. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

It is all in the ear of the beholder. I have a 390 big block with a mild cam, dual exhaust and glass-packs in my plow truck but to me my straight piped PSD's sound way better. It is all in what you like.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Well you have to like a diesel to drive one anyway basically but go to a truck pull and listen to the difference in sound between a oil burner and a gas burning big block and it is night and day difference.

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

It is good that everyone likes things different. I don't think I would like my truck quite so well if everyone else had one that looked and sounded just like it.

16. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I got rid of my stock exhaust system and have a 4" downpipe, no kitty, and 4" exhaust. All from Dale at Tymar Performance. I have a muffler, but it doesn't sound like I do. The turbo whistles alot more now, and the truck is a bit louder. To get sound like that all you have to do is open up the exhaust system.

17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I got the open air intake on both of mine from Dale. I also got a coolant filter system and HX hose setup from him. Great guy to deal with.

18. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Does this guy think this 6.0 PSD is awsome?
    6.0 PSD

19. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I think not.

20. WELDER

WELDER Member

i know alot of folks like the diesels. i dont.i work for the mack assembly plant and hear em all day so i get kinda tired of the noise.plus some folks dislike the sound of loud pipes plowing in the middle of the nite. :nono: ....but for each his own........ :drinkup: