1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i tried searching for pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Stringalation, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Stringalation

Stringalation Junior Member

first off hello everyone. i'm a lawnsite member who would like to maybe shovel and spread this year. i do not have a plow. only a 2130 earthway. i really hope to service my current customers clearing drive ways and sidewalks with the occasional lot or two. i have not found any rreasoning to whether to use salt or melter so i bought a few bags of melter, i actually cannot find any salt. my bag says 4oz per sqyd so i figured 30# per 1000sqft. most here on plowsite are around 15# with salt but i cannot figure the difference in salt and melter.
    so i crunched my numbers and did a mock estimate for my biggest potential job of the moment and it is this

de-icing @ 30 # per 1000sqft price 96.60 for 3220sqft
    clearing walk and drive @ .08 per sqft price 257 .60 for 3220sqft

now i find no reference to any one from lou. ky on here so i'm just making this up as i go. hell i cannot find salt. one of my dealers said salt was 4mths out. now i know your cost are your numbers and searching aswell but i am kinda at the end of that rope been on here searching for about a week.

i'm assuming for the clearing i go up somany cents per 2"

any comments good or bad are welcome here LAWNSITE HAS GIVEN ME SOME THICK SKIN. your guys are kinda nice compared to hardscaping:salute:
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i dont know your area, but you sound really high in price and qty used

ice melter is a better way to go , its mor eexpensive but is a litttle better for concrete and plants

depending on your type, and the air temp .... i rember when i did driveways , an average size of 60x22 =1320 sq feet , i only used 25# max

im in the ball park of 30 per 50 lb bag of melter

i dont think anyone would pay 257 for snow plowing..... id say an area like that would be in the 75 dollar range... 30 foot wide , 100 foot long drive- heck maybe even 60
  3. Stringalation

Stringalation Junior Member

thanks for your responce and it is all noted. my application rate was based on the bag of REMOVE ICE MELTER as i stated.
    i recaculated base on your suggestions so now the removal would be $128.80 and the de-icing $37.80 hope to hear from someone around here. mind you i have not a plow so at this point that will be shoveling, but gotta start somewhere?