1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I thought it was all over....Nope

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NNJSnow, Mar 12, 2003.

1. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

After the last small snow storm we had which produced hail/ice early in the morning and then about 4 inches of snow later on in the day I thought that was winters last blast but now Im hearing a possibility of 6 inches for northwestern NJ for thursday. We have a Winter Storm Watch for the area now, of course this could change but it seems like a pretty good chance. This winter season just doesn't want to end and I hope it doesn't :)

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Hell yea payup

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yea your under an advisory now for 2-5 with more possible in the very NWestern tip of the state. For down here, looks like at the very least, another full salt run for early Friday AM. :) payup

4. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

looks like 2"-4" here they say

5. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Saying maybe 3 - 5" here in the Hudson Valley. Not sure about how much will be on paved surfaces but am hoping for about 3 or 4" so we can hit all our residentials along with the commercials that are all at 1" triggers anyway and make one last run at some $$ before this wonderful winter comes to an end.

6. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Over??? No Way!!!

Outstanding,,, good thing about being ready, the 1-3 they thought we "might" get last night.... Dropped upto 6-7 inches in most places... What a night,,, slept for 3 hours then went out early, good thing too, snow did not stop until 8 this morning... Most of the fall was over by 5 then just ice rain but lots of white gold, I love this business,,,, It's supposed to be in the 50's starting this Saturday, and most of the week, then back to freezing by next weekend and they are calling for snow again... You have to plow quick these days, or it melts 3 days later,,, Good thing too, piles are getting large. Only bad thing is that I tore some lawn this morning, it had been warm the last two days, guess I need to try to remember that again next time at 3AM... Back to day job... Hope everyone is getting what they want....

Later.....

7. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

winding down

We got about 3inches offroad here yesterday and it has become the time of year when you have to plow quickly before your chasing it down the drain. Looking at the long term i feel pretty safe that if we were to get anymore plowable snows its truly a gift, Its hard to belive winter is almost over guess iam like the term Mick uses always spending summer getting ready for winter.Its a funny thing how operating a winter buss can make the winter up here less than boring. Its been 5 months since i have been free to do what i want on the weekends the 24/7 is down to a couple of weeks. My hopes know are for the econmy to turn around this pending doom and gloom hovering over our country to end and most important to me is to see all the service men and women return home safely.

8. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Yes, the time of year when we all wonder if we will get that one last storm... or if it will just rain and be cold... I guess we will see. As for the troops, yes, all of them back safe would be great. Been there and done that, safe return for all... Go get em, then come home safe...