1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i thought i drove alot

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fisher guy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. Johnnay Boy91

Johnnay Boy91 Member
    from MASS

Wow over 400k i saw a truck with 325k and i thought that was alot. nice truck though.

3. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

2-1/2 year old truck with 464k miles on it. That's an average of 500 miles every single day.

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

If Chrysler goes under I hope Ford partners up with Cummin's :nod:

5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

There was a truck around here that had close to 700,000k on a 2004. The guy did cross country hauling with it. It was a 3500 with a cummins

6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

makes me wanna rethink my new truck

7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

tell me about it..... But go on diesel place and you'll see a duramax with close to 500+k miles.

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I think thats pretty good for an automatic, even if its had a new transmission. Most dodge cummins you see with those kinda miles are hand shakers.

9. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

thats a ton of miles....says something about the cummins motor. sad thing is i haven't even put 20k on my truck in 2 1/2 years......

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Must have hauled for fema or something. I cant believe they started out at 11k.

11. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Yeah, that pretty easy to do with a gooseneck trailer, if that's your livelihood. Regular maintenance works wonders! :)

12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would say that kinda mileage is common to get out of a diesel...i've been told vocational diesels last around 400k and OTR diesels last 800 or better....we have a topkick with a 3116 cat that has over 400k

13. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I've been saying that for years!
    It would be a match made in heaven!
    The best the best truck with the best diesel!
    Hell, if GM goes under throw the Allison in with the mix and it'd be unstoppable!

14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Durmax/Allison is the best combo out there now and a Cummins allison would be Great!

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ya, I love my truck. I can't wait to get a regular cab automatic of the same year range at some point. 500 miles a day is insane. I hate my 40 mile round trip commute to work.

16. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

I have always been a ford guy but that goes to show that dodge has done something right. I cant imagine driving that much. Talk about living in your truck

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

sucker has a goosneck in the bed too. I bet it has some hard miles on it. and it is still going.

18. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what exactly is that that dodge did right? get a contract with cummins to build motors and supply it to them? i agree cummins is a good motor but it still wouldnt get me into a dodge truck for the motor.

19. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

Yeah really dodge only did good with the cummins. But the transmission held up to which to me is a suprise.

20. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man thats a lot of miles, makes you think any day now that thing is going to have major problems.