1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i think we are going to be put out of business because of this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by crazymike97, Dec 29, 2003.

1. crazymike97

crazymike97 Junior Member

thats right a hand held snow plow sons oh sorry can't say that anymore.

i was up late again flipping through the channels and i saw this

2. crazymike97

heres more info on it. sorry guys i guess the homeowners have an upper hand now.oh well maybe some commercial lots will tape 8 of these on the front of a company car or something and really put us out

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

And it even says that it will push snow to the left or the right :eek: :eek: . I think there is a loop hole that may save you all though. It says that it will plow a path 24" wide and up to 4" deep. The homeowner will still need you for storms that dump over 4";) .
  4. windmill

windmill Senior Member

crazymike97 welcome to plowsite, where everyone learns a little! Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less.
    I've seen that stick plow in our local builders supply place. It looks great! I might become a dealer:D .
    If you get up to speed with that plow you can throw the snow a full 12", yes you read that right, a full 12". Then on the return sweep you flip the plow over and make your second pass and again throw the snow a full 14", yes that's correct 14", With the wind going from the same direction as your plow you can take advantage of it and gain a full 2" of additional throwing potential!
    If you haven't equipped your personnel with these masterfully crafted stick plows yet, you WILL not be able to compete with other lowballers in your area. PM me now for your (reasonably)assured reservation of this needed item.
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

well its a heavy duty shovel for one thing
  6. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I was looking at one fo these at our local hardware store. It would work great for the first couple of storms but after that you can't lift any snow with it so you have to get good speed up running with it to wing snow over the banks:D
  7. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I just pictured someone running at full speed with one of these things and hitting a crack before coming to a complete bone jarring stop. LOL
  8. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

It would be a hit if it came with a set of gloves..
  9. crazymike97

i watched it in action and the guy using it only fell once and it seems to flex were the pole connects to the shovel end alot.almost like a meyer plow tripping lol.

but it looks like it worked pretty well on sidwalks.there was close to 4 inches of snow.im going to try one out for the hell of it.if it doesn't work the little kid next door has a new 50 cc ATV well i think much less HP that ill bolt it to lol lol

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I'm scared!:eek:
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My 13 year old son was doing Grandma's walks the other day with a regular snow shovel. He got done and said he wants a pusher shovel that angles with wings. Ahhhh that's my boy, son of MickiRig,---> MickiRig2?

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I thought of buying a new truck this year to replace my 93 F150. I had a change of mind much to my 10 year olds delight. He asked if I can wait until he gets his licence so he can have the old truck to go to work with me. Ahh aren't those little guys great?!!!
  13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a 84 Bronco II with a plow on it. I have had that truck since Jan 90. Wife keeps telling my 13 year old son " watch what he hits with the hammer, you might have to do that going to the prom" My 8 year old's even worse he got many hours of front row seat plowing from his baby seat. He got a snow shovel for Christmas when he was 3 and was happy as hell with it.
  14. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Looks like a Fisher
  15. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

power by 'Armstrong'
  16. KIOTR

KIOTR Junior Member

Hey where's the back drag edge on those?? Maybe they're
    waiting untill next year to introduce a higher end model.
  17. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It probably works better than a Snowbear or Snow-Way!:D
  18. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

wonder how it would work on roofs?
  19. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

hey now......

I like Sno-Way's down pressure feature don't pick on them. As for the Snowbear......well, has a cute name, but pick all you want:D

20. gpin

gpin Senior Member

This is the American way! All you have to do is address a common problem with a possible solution. Making it work is up to the consumer who is always looking for an easy way out. Check out diets and hair follicle stimulators.