1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I think the fat lady has sung

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks like our season is just about over. A couple promises of 1-2" here and there but nothing on the ground every time they forecast it and long range is high 30's low 40's starting next week. Hey at least there should be a few more weeks of ice fishing left.
  2. anz27

anz27 Member

^ how you didnt just jinx yourself
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe that beer drinking fat lady has sang ,but not up here!
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Nothing in the forecast other than low percentage chances of less than 1cm, but that damn Polar Vortex is taking another swing thru here this week...

I don't think we are done yet.
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

I was thinking we might be done here (Mid-Michigan) but somehow have this feeling were not. Nothing significant in the forecast for the next 5-7 days, but the temperatures appear to stay cold through the beginning of March. Usually once we hit March 1st, its like someone hits a switch and plow-able snow is done, and from there on out you might get some salting or sidewalks, but this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we got 10"
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Take 1 for the team and see if she'll hang around.....
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I recall in the early 2000s having to plow 3-4" on May 1st. I don't worry about long term predictions, I take it one day at a time until my contracts are over... if we get snow afterwards I service the accounts I can trust automatically (and never had a payment problem) and call those I can't first, so they can't say I did it on my own...
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Should be used to it,he hangs around with GP
  9. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

God I hope so. I want to cut some grass!
  10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

remember march can either "come in like a lion and out like a lamb"...or.."in like a lamb and out like a lion"
  11. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone that thinks we are almost done is dreaming. This is just a quick breather.

Lots more fun to come.
  12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Farmers Almanac says "snowstorm" then cold on dates between feb22-26th in my area.
  13. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

We had 40s for 4 days here and got 9 inches in my area. 14 inches and hour north of me.
  14. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I hope it snow the for another 30 days, a lot of expensive rock salt I need to use up
  15. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I hope we get a couple more events through mid march. March is allways really slow and sloppy for landscaping here, so snow money helps.
  16. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Ha ha framers almanac that's a good one, I followed it last year and it was so far off that it was comical. Might as well read some tea leaves.
  17. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

This year we've had only 50" of snow.

Our average is 20"

Last year we only had 5" to this point.

But we hit our average of 20" with multiple snow falls in March.....

It's slowed down, but not over. Cold air has returned and a bunch of nuisance events look to slide through our area....

18. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

With this pattern, kids very well may have the option of making snow angels as they pick up their Easter eggs.
  19. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Fat lady isn't singing here, her fat *ss is froze out in the snowbank. Below zero for daytime highs the middle of next week. March is usually the nasty plow month. Like pushing concrete.
  20. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Happened here last year, In fact we got snow up till the middle of May.
    I hope that it doesn't this year we've have been pushing snow since the end of October.