1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I think its all over

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by salopez, Feb 15, 2009.

1. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Sorry guys...

I picked up 100 tons of salt yesterday, and now...there is no more talk of snow this week, and now they are unsure of the weekend...

I guess its time to start cleaning up for the year....

2. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

start cleaning and putting things away for the off season. thats the only surefire way to make it snow!

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i hope its not but everytime they say snow the next day its either rain or gone so im beginning to agree with you

4. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

It's Over?

Never say never boys. I have been plowing for 17 years, on March 31st 1997 it was 70 degrees in Boston. The next day April Fools! 26 inches of snow in Boston.

http://services.bostonglobe.com/globestore/category.cgi?item=94839&type=store&category=190

A very rare event indeed, but it can happen. I remember telling a newbie riding with me, "take a good look at this, because it probably will not happen again in your plowing lifetime"

Above is a link to the only picture I could find.

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

It looks like it could go either way here, either rain or hopefully snow wed into thurs, too far away to call

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's all over till this Wed 2/18

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

GV's right! In like a Lion, out like a lamb! :)

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

How can it be over?
    it hasn't even started.......:cry:

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Over?! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

[​IMG]

10. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Still got 61/2 weeks to go, It would be nice if there was no more snow.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  11. Terry R

Terry R Junior Member

It's only mid February. Surely it will snow or freeze rain one more time. Personally, I'm ready for Spring. We are all ready prepping beds for mulch here in St Louis.

12. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Me thinks the only thing that is bombed is Grandview!! :jester:

13. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

No snow here either

No snow here in southern Minnesota since February started.We missed the 6 plus inches Iowa got 2 hours away.There talking snow for northern Mn Monday and possible southern Mn Tuesday into Wednesday but they don't say how much , sounds like flurries to a dusting.I have the sand / salt bunker full and 4 plowings before the end of Feb would be nice.

14. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

more rain than snow in the forcast for wednesday

15. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicIts never over in the Great White North until at least mid April. Sure like the weather down in the States in the winter, took winter of 05 / 06 off and went trucking down to the eastern states. Nice weather most of the time made for a nice "workin holiday"

16. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Now they finally said a big 1 to 2 inches for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning for a 70 percent chance ,i guess ill take it.

17. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we could only wish for 1 to 2 here!

18. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

it can't be over, i just slapped on a new 5/8in cutting edge right after the last storm and swapped out the motor. it better not be over

19. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

that's how I feel..:cry:

20. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Wow, you guys are lucky! I had about the past 3 days off, first break since Nov 26. Got about 6 more weeks of pushing left here.