1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Think I Just Learn Something Today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service, Jan 4, 2010.

1. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

A friend of mine just started in the snow business this year...A other buddy of mine called me and told to go take a look on what Gary doing....I could not believe my eyes..If you take a good look at the truck he has a 800.00 snow blower in the back of this truck...Will I guss i will be taking my back pack from now on....I Guss we all still learn:drinkup:...For his first year not a bad looking truck.........

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

If its the dry powder why not?
  3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

i do that all the time why pull the snow blower out when ya can just use the blower to do the job
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Yes the blower works great on reasonable amounts of the fluffy stuff.
  5. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

That's what I do down here when we get snow. They can be a pain to start in the cold and my neighbors give me some strange looks but I can't complain.

2" or under of dry powdery snow is where you see the best results using a leaf blower.
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I do it all the time as well, in fact just did it last night!! oh and thats like a $500 blower, I have like 4 of em
  7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Yes sir, the BR 600 from stihl works like gangbusters on that light stuff, which is what we usually get, not enuff to plow, but enuff to clear walks and slather the ice melt down!! Thats a nice looking V blade, to all of you that use em, is that a newer one? The boss V we have seems ancient to that one. And its really low to ground and extremly bulky. Im sure it has something to do with the chevy 1 ton truck and the install. But man the v blade looks scary sweet.
  8. serafii

serafii Senior Member

ive been thinking about using my redmax ebz8001 for the last 4 yrs for light snow but was worried ppl thought i was crazy but its good to see that others are doing it!
    are the REDMAX pieces of equipment popular in the u.s? and do u guys get complaints from neighbours saying that they are too loud?
  9. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

i use my redmax 8001 to blow snow.
    yes i am in midwest and use all redmax for lawn bus. gave away my shindiawa blowers they would fry too quick. Have had good luck with redmax for a few years. If they are mad at noise just scream blow me.
    i dont know all my humor is perverted or mean so i gave u guys a soft joke.
  10. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I've done it that way before with my BR600. The problem that I found is that when your done blowing the snow on very cold days, it re-freezes instantly and makes the concrete very slick.
  11. airtime

airtime Member

i LEARNED what gary IS doing. ANOTHER buddy of yours? let me GUESS his name? is it WILL or GUSS?

i bet your daddy told you to stay in school or you would be spreading mulch and salt for the rest of your life. and guess what? he was right!:laughing:
  12. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Here in OKLAHOMA we use a vacume cleaner.:laughing:
  13. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

We used to use our BR 550 on light powdery stuff... It worked great... Some times their is enough to plow, but not enough to snow blow... So you can shovel it, or use a BP blower... We have since stopped, because we think it makes us look like rednecks...
  14. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

I actually did that yesterday. I figured I was the only one to ever think of it the only reason I did it was to try it and yes it is a little bit redneck but nobody saw it so were good haha.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Those Toros are like $400. Just bought 2 CCR2450's $442.62ea. Looking for S#310002868 one of my guys came out of the gas station on Christmas and the tailgate was down and the blower was gone. Atleast it had 1 tank of gas run through it:cry: Merry Christmas to them:gunsfiring:
  16. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

last time I used my BR600 to blow snow, it was just a light dusting, I got snow blown, but I got a bunch in my boot as well
  17. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

We use blowers to blow off the racking and piping at the loading racks at work. ( fuel) works perfect for keeping the pipes free of snow.
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

We use a backpack on the fluffy stuff all the time, its easier then a snowblower sometimes.
  19. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

plows pretty sweet
    like a cow catcher on the front of trains lol
  20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I have always used my Backpack Blower for 3" and under of the powerdery snow. Much faster and cleans it nice!