1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I think I hate all of you!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Rick547, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Everything has been going good for me until I read all the complaints about their plows not working. Now it is mine. I think you people are jinxing this whole forum. :angry:

Just kidding. :D

Hooked up my Snoway 26 today and everything works but the blade will not angle left. The motor is running. Last time I had this I had a bad controller and not the remote. It is raining outside so I'll have to trouble shoot it tomorrow or when it ever stops raining.

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I guess no one has a sense of humor today.

3. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Look up basher he is the snoway man

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

check that a wire hasn't come off a coil???

Shoot me an email snowtech@ basherandson.com and I'll send you the PDF troubleshooting guide.

5. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks Basher! I think I have the troubleshooting guide. I just have not had time to go outside and take a look at it today. First I'm going to take my wired hand held controller and plug it in at the front plug to make sure I do not have a wire problem. Also the last time I had this problem my dealer installed fuses on each valve coils. I could just have a blow fuse.

I will get back with you on what I have found.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What color coils do you have, all red, all black, a mix of black and blue?

7. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Color of the coils are all black.

5 amp fuses.

Right now I have a dead battery. I should have mentioned that to begin with. Got the charger on it as I write. Checked all the 5 amp fuses and they were not blown. Did have a lose wire on the left front, nearest the truck, coil. Crimped it down and now it is tight. Waiting on the battery to come up.

8. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Battery is charged. Truck started and the plow now will tilt to the left.

I'm a happy camper now. Thanks everyone and a special thanks to Basher!

It looks like the problem with the plow was a very lose connector on one of the coils.