1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I think I got lowballed...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NoStockBikes!!, Nov 30, 2003.

1. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Well, I can't really say I got lowballed, because we never got a chance to finish talking about the specifics, and I suppose he needed to get something lined up, but... You may recall me asking about plowing out construction sites abtou a month back, and when i drove by after our snow last week, it appeared as though the sites and the model were cleared by an ATV plow. Construction sites looked ok (snow was moved, about all you need for that sort of thing), but the model driveway looked like ass, IMO. We have our "final fixit detail" walkthrough in a couple weeks, and I'm gonna try to gently let him know that I'd be interested if the guy with 4 wheeler thing doesn't work out. :D
  2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We recently lost a customer we have been plowing for the past 15 years. Have always been a per push customer. Last year we charged $670 per push ( it's a large warehouse, shipping center).
    This year they wanted a seasonal price because the last few years we plowed them at least once a week. They needed 3 bids to satisfy their home office bean counters. One bid was $30,000 ours was $19,500, the low bidder was $13,000. I hope it snows a lot!
  3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

It's all in how you word your contract I guess. As an electrician I have lost bids to guys that in the end were more money. I would include items in my origional contract that these guys would leave out to lower their price knowing the stuff was needed and hit them with an extra at the end.
    Maybe his price does not include storms over 6" and thats where they will make up the aditional revenue.
  4. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

I can only hope the guy only has one or two trucks and they break down during a big storm! No, thats not nice.:angel: