1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I think I bid this rght

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fireboy6413, Sep 12, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I bidded this lot at $275 per 3-4 what do you think Approx 28000 square feet

Super 8 Motel.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Is that for plowing and salting, or just for plowing? If just for plowing that is a lot of money for 28000 sq ft which would take me 25 minutes or so to plow.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Little high on the snow depth. What were you thinking ,charging that much:D

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Seems high to me. Unless it includes some shoveling and / or treatment.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

That's 45 minutes to an hours' worth of work. (just plowing)

6. fireboy6413

Yeh I guess it is a little high, LOL, what do you think half that, Im still trying to figure the salting, at least im not low balling LOL

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  7. fireboy6413

I hope I wasn't too low on this one, both pics are included in the price since the same person own both. I charged a trigger of 325 for 3-4 then every 3-4 is 225 No salt or shoveling, and I just push along the cars they clear the lots

Lawrence Park 1.jpg

Lawrence Park 2.jpg

8. fireboy6413

first pic is approx 35000 and second pic is approx 27000 square feet

9. grandview

Need to knock down that trigger. If you get people driving on it and it freezes you'll never be able to plow it up and people will be bitching about it.

10. fireboy6413

Im sorry the first hotel is 3-4 thats what they want, however I do agree with you, the second two is every 2 inches

11. grandview

What kind of hotel wants wants 3-4 inch trigger? do they wear a turban by chance?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  12. fireboy6413

I guess so they sent me a piece of paper explaining what they want, and at the bottom of the sheet it says my guys have to check in with the manager before and after each push

13. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

hahahahahahahaha lol cheap mother &%#@*s is right

14. fireboy6413

am I good with the 2nd and 3rd pics do you think, and how would 90 sound, since thats my hourly labor rate, and it should take less then a half hour

15. fireboy6413

yeh their pull starts,

16. grandview

You going to add a little in for profit?

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Fire,
    I don't think your off that much with the first price...your going to have to make two trips to clear up after all the cars leave anyway and If you include drive time too and from ,your close..alittle high but in the ball park....get the triggers down...explain to them the liabilities issue you BOTH face if someone slips and falls

As far as the second one, again get the triggers down, again explain the liabilities to you both and why you should plow with less then a 3 inch trigger.. I don't think your bidding high enough you have alot of time associated with these 2 including the fact that you'll have to come back to clear where the cars were parked after they leave

18. fireboy6413

Mick76, I am going to try and talk with the hotel, first pic about the trigger, the second and third I dont have to clean up after, all I have to do is lean the roads, not the spaces, they have their own small truck to do the spaces. Also the owner of the second and third wants every 2 inches. I figured my trigger would be a higher price then go lower as the storm goes on, Ive never bid on jobs like this, I have smaller lots that I know the owners and I give them a flat rate per push, now I am taking the next step and getting out their

19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

With a decent amount of traffic, I'd say by the time you hit 4" you would need a skid steer with a concrete hammer just to break up the snow. LOL

I am sure they do. They are normally the ones that want a trigger like that and NO ice treatment. LOL

20. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

go for it, but explain the liabilities for both of you... did I say this before?...lol