1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I sure picked the right year to go into the snowplowing business!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Dec 31, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Here it is almost January 1st and we have absolutely no snow! I live in Plymouth, which is a suburb just west of Minneapolis. Anyone else having a "no snow" winter?

Oh well, I'm off to do my snow dance again,

Joel B.
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Come on over to New York Joel,plowed 6 times sanded countless!Gonna get hit tomorrow night and again saturday,you merely started your new business in the wrong location is all:D ,actually this winter is good but last was not,3 plowings total,OK,I'll stop bragging now,sorry you wanted to hear from people with no snow:realmad: ,sorry:waving:
  3. hillworks7669

hillworks7669 Junior Member

Snow dance

For best results w/ snow dance wear underwear on head and boots on wrong feet, make three laps around block.

P.S. Run fast cops will give you a ticket.

All kidding aside, still very early in season in three weeks you could say can`t I just sleep one night.
  4. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I too feel your pain, we should have had 5-6 plowable storms here by now, but all we have gotten so far are 2 "teaser" snow falls of less than 1 inch. Ah well, I've had lots of time to get the lawn equipment tuned up and painted for spring!
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Joel, I think it's an unwritten rule - the first year in business has to be a bust. :( Maybe that's a good thing - washes out the ones who can't stick with it or think this is "quick money".
  6. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

We got to see some, melted as it hit the ground! :(

Maybe New Years Day!

I feel for you.

Hey Joel,
    Don't feel bad. Last season was my first year for snow removal as well. Know how many times I got to plow here last year? Twice, March 15th and 16th! I would stay up late and watch the weather radar anytime a storm came anywhere near us! And I kept telling my wife what a good investment that plow truck was ...you'll see honey LOL. This year I've been out twice already-know that dosen't help you any, but hang in there. It WILL snow eventually.
  8. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

Last year was my first year plowing.I got to plow once.This year i have goten to plow 3 times so far.I also got to experiance my first break down during a storm on Christmas day.So far im only $15 in the hole.Doing beter than i was last year.
  9. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I'm in Maple Grove, so I know what you are talking about. We've been in business since 1976 and this is the first time ever, we had 2 months in 1 season that we didn't plow.
    A bad year to start, just hope some of your accounts have minimums.