1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I stopped by my Boss Snowplow Dealer this afternoon.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NYH1, Dec 20, 2013.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

He said I can get a new Boss 7' 6" Sport-Duty Straight-Blade Ploy Snowplow, 421 lbs., installed on my 2007 Ram Quad Cab 1500 SLT 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, auto, 3.92 gears w/ anti-spin rear end installed for $4150 plus tax, he'll put Timbren's on the front for me too and he thinks it'll work great for my Ram. What say you??

He also said I could go with some of these other snowplows that include installation prices as well -

7' 6" Standard-Duty Straight-Blade Snowplow, 597 lbs., $4250. ***Probably the only one of these I'd actually consider for my Ram***
    7' 6" Standard-Duty Poly Straight-Blade Snowplow, 633 lbs., $4395
    7' 6" Super-Duty Straight-Blade Snowplow, 680 lbs., $4395
    7' 6" Trip-Edge Super-Duty Straight-Blade Snowplow, 772 lbs., $4495

Thanks for listening, NYH1.
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go with at least the standard duty.
  3. Stove

Stove Member

When I first got into commercial snow removal I had a 1500 ram.. I went with the 7'6" super duty.. get a set of timbrens and you will be fine
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Can you put the Boss wings on any of those blades? I would get the plow that you could put wings on.
  5. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I'm not sure about the wings.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you've already made up your, now go buy it!
  7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Yes on the wings (Boss brand)… new about $780
  8. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Id at least get the standard duty.. Just got my 8' boss super duty installed on my 2010 ram 2500 cummins for $5k. I have timbrens in the rear for my 5th wheel camper, LOVE them. Don't need them for the front on mine, since my truck is leveled they would do me no good. Def get a set for the front, and you'll be good to go.
  9. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I didn't end up getting a Boss. I getting a Fisher SD 7.5 ft. plow instead. They had to order it, should be here and on the truck right after the 1st of the year. I think this plow and dealer will work out better for me.

Thanks for all the replies though, NYH1!
  10. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

….aaaand this thread is OVER! LOL