1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I spend the summer getting ready for winter:)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dubeb31, Jul 6, 2005.

1. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

>my 1996 silverado 3500 which i have to change the pickup body on from last season when an employee crashed it...i'm also reconditioning my 8" fisher MM and rebuilding the engine...can't wait for the snow payup

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I hope that line is not trademarked by Mick. :)

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'm having my lawyers draw up the $100,000,000 lawsuit as we type. payup

Really, good luck on the truck/plow setup, dubeb31. I've got a '96 Silverado 3500, too, with a 6.5 Turbo Diesel. I put a 9' Fisher and a two yard sander.

:waving:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

seriously mick, the first day I was on the site i read that saying"i spend the summer getting ready for winter" and i thought it was one of the greatest lines ever...ya but the truck it coming along good sending the engine out to be rebuilt and then i start on the plow...god i hope theres a sh**load of snow this winter... payup :salute:

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

all year

Hey guys i work all year on my trucks sometimes just a few hours a week but every year i see those guys who just hook up there equipment and go at the first storm and then are at the repair shops as i drive bye. This work is spotty at best sometimes the big storm hits and you have to be ready for the worse if your equipment is checked and in good working order by the end of summer and looked over after each storm your down time is almost none and complete rebuilds during summer you find the small things turn into big things durning the storms. With my rebuilds this summer i have found small cracks in lots of welds and stress cracks in pins so a good inspection of all parts will keep me running all winter (better in 80deg than -20deg) Eric......

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Wow. I thought that's what summer was for! LOL