1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I solation module

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Oct 25, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

How reliable are they? Are they known to fail?To replace one do you just have to match label colors or must you have the same model#? I might be able to get one cheap as a spare, just want to make sure it will work with what I have.

2. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

I have never had one fail, but i did see they had a bad batch at one time and came with the colored dot to confirm it was the updated model.

3. Gary Dwinal

Gary Dwinal Senior Member

Hi Woody,
    The Isolation Modules are pretty much bullet proof. At one time we had some units that received the wrong programming and needed to be re-programmed. The function they perform is to isolate the electrical spikes created by the plow, from the vehicle's sensitive electronics. The coils used to shift the cartridges on the hydraulics, can and do created some extremely high voltage spikes which can cause catastrophic damage to today's vehicles with their high tech electronics. With pressure from the vehicle OEM's to do so, we designed our Isolation Module system and now have a plow system that is much safer and better for the trucks they are installed on. I will also add here that we are the only plow company that offers such a device on our plows. We had a four port system for several years and have recently upgraded to a new three port system which is smaller and easier to find landscape for mounting under the hood. Just match the color of the label to replace the unit.

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

What does a new one from a dealer go for? Thanks for the help.

5. Gary Dwinal

Gary Dwinal Senior Member

Hi Woody,
    The 4 port module has a list price of $232.67