1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I should be a photographer! My adaptor is famous.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 6feetdeep, Jan 16, 2009.

1. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Just sold a Ultramount- Unimount adaptor on Ebay. The very nice guy that won it came by today and picked it up. He lives down near the city.
    So... just now I was scrolling the snowplows, etc. on Ebay, and guess what I find? MY pictures of my USED mount, being sold as a NEW mount in Wisconsin!?!?! Yes, I took those pictures of my USED mount on MY sidewalk in NY. Just thought I'd share this with you all.:gunsfiring:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEST...ryZ63688QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ask him for his number as if you were calling for a question.

Then post it up and I'm sure the ones of us on here who are really bored could have some fun with it.

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

what a moron, the mount clearly doesnt look new with the rusty bolts, jsut makin himself look bad and probably costing him a buncha dough on the auction. not gonna lie, ive stolen a picture or two in my ebay career but ive only used factory photos, no ones that people have taken themselves

5. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Im sure its too late to ask for his phone number. He wont be happy with me from the 'Question' I left him last night before I posted here. If anyone is interested, there are 22 hours left to follow the link, and 'Ask the seller a question'. Thanks for all the support, guys.

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Is it that big if deal if he used your picture?

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I would say yes because he is representing it as the mount he is selling. If he had stated the pictures were of a similar setup then I would not see a problem....

8. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

is that mount custom made or something u can buy from the plow company. if it is then maybe he has a new one and just used your picture because its the first pic of it he found? if its something u made hes a ******

9. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

I must have hit a nerve. He has a point, but I just dont like the fact he used my pics. I would never use someone elses pictures and represent them as something I am selling. I feel it misleads the customer unless stated as such, AND I had permission from the original photo taker. Maybe I'm just tired, and sick of people lately, too many long days of plowing and now the COLD!!!.
    This was his reply:

"WHAT IS YOUR POINT? YOU HAD THE ONLY MOUNT WESTERN MADE? YOU OWN EVERY MOUNT THEY MADE? I DON'T SEE A SIDEWALK IN MY PICTURES, I SEE SNOW! I HAVE TWO NEW IN THE BOX MOUNTS, INSTED OF OPENING THE THE BOXES AND ASSEMBLING THE MOUNT TO SHOW EVERYONE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE I USED FILE PHOTOS. HAVE A NICE DAY"

10. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Maybe he doesnt own a camera

11. littlenick

littlenick Member
    from OH

He should of asked you to use them...

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

What a doofus

13. Oshkosh1990

Oshkosh1990 Junior Member

I love the answer he gave you.

14. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

You can actually have his auction shut down for it if you want too.... it's more of an ethical thing to me I guess. I once sold a bounce castle on ebay with a faint pic of one of my kids in it and someone did the same thing.