1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I see already how this winter will be

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dr Who, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

So I get a call about placing a bid on one of our Target lots, not that I wanted it ,but I was going to bid on it anyway since I lost most of my contracts from last year due to non payment.

The property management company that was taking care of it this year calls me and left a message, they had the address correct but not the street name (1st flag)
    they gave me no more info, just so happens I know were it was at, its in a huge shopping center and has joined parking with other stores.

so I called them back and only got a voice mail, so I left them a polite message stating that I know the store and were it is at, but they have the street name wrong.
    I then asked them if they could send me a map/aerial photo with Targets parking lot outlined or highlighted so I know exactly what the size of there lot is to make a proper bid.
    I gave them my email address and mailing address so they could send me the map and I could then return them a written bid and copy of my contract to look over.

been 3 weeks and I have not heard a thing from them, so I assume that because I needed to know exactly what I was supposed to plow and/or I had a contract for them to sign that I was omitted from there bidding list....

my heart was broken, for about 1/100 of a second...
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More details on the non payments from last year.
  3. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

dr who we know a guy up here that messed with 2 targets and they are 60 day payers ..he always got the money but it was that long, just a heads up, dont know if its the same pm company as cincy area but good luck.
  4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

What do you want to know about the non-payment?
    had contracts with them, they just quit paying, one filed bankrupsry..

As for the target, I never heard back from them. I do not realy have the meens to do a lot like that anyway. I do not remember who the company was, it was a 702? area code..
  5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I believe Dr Who was a sub of a company that signed the contract with the national..... essentially a sub of a sub.....correct?
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I mean were they paying and just stopped never paid and you kept plowing?
  7. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

They paid part of there bills. they were on a 30 day pay, I put 2 week reather then 4 as I was thinking of someone else.
    Yes, I plowed sent bill, got paid for part, plowed some more, paid part. so on.

yes I was subing for a contractor of a national.
    I was also working for a couple large property management companies that were like getting a tooth pulled to get money out of them.

I will not be plowing for any nationals this year nor will I be sub-ing for anyone this year.

I am going on a plow-pay business plan. I plow today, you pay today.

I do not need the business, nor do I need the money. My equipment is paid for and I just plow because I enjoy it and to give me something to do in the winter.

My property management co that I did 6 for found someone to do them for half what I was charging(175.00), so I lost them. So as it sits I have 2 drives that I have done for the past few years,I do not know about my dentist office since I can not get hold of them and I need a tooth worked on :(
    So far I have bidded on about a half dozen lots (we do not get snow until about Dec.) and have been out bidded on all of them, by half or more and no I am not crazy high. I know the local rate (as of last year) and I am under it most all the time.

Don't matter to me, if I am not going to make money then I am going to sit at home in the heat and play on the computer or xbox. I am not going to be chasing down my money this year or having to work for free, I already plow my street for free with out even a thank you.