1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i saw the wierdest thing today

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplowpro, Apr 4, 2011.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i saw some guy at a red light today he had a 2011 ford f250 reg cab with a ridgid mount old style western plow i mean i know if you get a good fabricator it could be done but thats just plain wierd .:laughing: but i thought it was kinda cool people are bringing the old stuff back from the dead.:laughing:
  2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

the old stuff is built 2 last.....................................
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have seen more old stuff on the road this winter then any other. Mold boards that are just Swiss cheese,totally rusted plows, bent and dented, many trucks with no lights or guides. How do you plow without guides?
  4. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

he was broke.

No money for a new plow after he bought the truck.
  5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

without guides? very hard.
    lights is not a dig deal though, i usually plow running parking lights only and the rear arrow stick on flash. no headlights on is easier to see because you don't get reflection from the lights on the snow, and all the roads i do have street lights.
  6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agree. I always shut my lights off when I get into the lot, I'm going to plow. Way to bright otherwise!
  7. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

:laughing::laughing:funny but prob true
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I could not operate without head lights. I would leave the house and have a State Trooper behind me.With my luck. I had a Bronco II that I put a piece of angle iron spanning the gap between the head lights. I mounted a tractor light in the middle. Run with parking lights on and the tractor light. It worked great!