1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I put hideaways in my lights

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 25, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Well I finally did it. I put some whelen hide-a-ways in my turn signals. I had to put the strobe tube in the bottom because there wasn't room anywhere else. If anyone wants pics I'd be more than happy to share.

2. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Yup.

Post em'!

3. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

pix

post them!!! Did you use dutch connectors?:gunsfiring: :sleeping: (wake up its snowing)

4. DaySpring Services

I used the AMP connections with dielectric grease for now. I have to get some deutsch connectors and replace them. The only spot I could find to fit the strobe was in the bottom. I had to cut the bottom lens screw down so it didnt hit the strobe. I put my own switches in; down by the floor on the tranny tunnel. I also put a set in my truck turn signals and one in my reverse lights. (please excuse the hanging wires, I still have to tidy things up a bit) Here's a quick video on my camera. It's not that great. Doesnt really show a good flash pattern, but you can atleast get the basic idea. My camera wont pic up the strobes in daylight, I'll try another tonight. http://media.putfile.com/my-hideaways

DSC00087.JPG

DSC00088.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  5. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Mine are still in the box. They look sweet

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi RidehardNY
    Looks good, I would use some small split loom on the wires to protect them.

Regards Mike

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

so does each one of those switches control a single light if you have 6 strobes

8. DaySpring Services

The black switch changes the flash pattern, yellow-turns on light bar, Red-power for strobes, Green- Hi/Low power for strobes, 1st blue switch turns on strobes on the truck (front turn signals and rear reverse lights) 2nd switch turns strobes on in plow turn signals.

9. DaySpring Services

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, but I would protect them wires a little better...:nod:

11. DaySpring Services

I took the pics right after I finshed up the wiring. I still had to clean up my work and put wire looms on.

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats awesome. I have 2 or 4 open ports on my amp for the lights. How hard would it be to wire them from behind my driver seat up to the front of the truck for the plow?

Thanks.

13. DaySpring Services

Not hard at all. All you have to do is run the wire and drill the hole. I just stuffed the wire under the carpet, through the access hole in the fire wall, then up to the plow lights. Shouldn't be a big job to do. The only other thing you may want to do (which I did) is run the strobes in the plow light on a switch so you can turn them off.

14. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mark if you want to do that there is plenty of room in your firewall hole for that. You will need two cables at 15 ft 4 ends and about 2 hrs of your time. Be safe out there.

Regards Mike